Job Description: A wonderful Christian family residing in Wimbledon is looking to welcome a loving live-out nanny to care for their son who will be one year old when the role commences and their daughter who is four years old.
The nanny must be happy to support the family’s Christian faith and not diminish their faith in anyway.
The nanny will be nurturing, trustworthy and dependable. The nanny will primarily be caring for their one-year-old. The nanny will focus on speaking, reading, singing to their son and encouraging a two-way conversation. The nanny will look after their daughter when she comes home from school and during school holidays.
Job Title: Nanny
Duties of the Job:
• Caring for the infant [weaning their son off bottles when he turns one, changing nappies, dressing, etc.],
• Reading to the children and encouraging their older child to read,
• Educational activities [learning about numbers, letters, shapes, colours, animals, etc.],
• Arts and craft activities [age appropriate],
• Encouraging independent play,
• Setting up creative and sensory activities,
• Teaching younger children life skills [sharing, turn-taking, having good manners, etc.],
• Encouraging to further develop life skills [having good manners, respecting the elderly and other people, etc.],
• Nursery and school drop-off and pick-up,
• Daily outdoor walks and garden play,
• Taking the children to extra-curricular activities, parks, and playgrounds,
• Promote physical activity,
• Preparing nutritious meals and snacks [cooking and preparing lunch and dinner for the children],
• Tidying play areas and children’s bedrooms and
• Washing and Folding Children’s laundry and bedding.
Light Housekeeping: Cleaning up after meal preparation and ensuring the kitchen is left clean and tidy after meals, loading/unloading the dishwasher, cleaning spillages, and running a quick hoover when required.
Family Pets: N/A
Caring for Pets: N/A
Start Date: Monday the 22nd of August 2022. The family can be flexible with the start date commencing early September 2022 if necessary.
End Date: N/A
Duration of Contract: 12-month contract.
Part-Time or Full-Time: Full-Time.
Permanent or Temporary: Permanent
Living Basis: Live-Out
Accommodation Offered: N/A
Sole Charge or Shared Care: Sole charge with parents working from home.
Days Required: Monday – Friday
Hours Required: 9 hours per day.
Start and Finish: 8:30am – 5:30pm.
Driver Required: A driver would be beneficial but not essential.
Minimum Experience Required: Experience caring for toddlers and school age children.
Qualification, Skills and Training Required: Gained childcare qualifications.
Ofsted Registered: Yes, however, the family is happy to interview nannies that are happy to become Ofsted registered. The family will pay for the annual Ofsted registration fee.
Additional Language: Must be fluent in English or French although this can be a second language.
Babysitting: Yes, this will be agreed in advance and paid as extra by the family.
Salary offered: £15.00 – £18.00 gross per hour.
Salary Pay Intervals: Either monthly or weekly.
Benefits offered: The nanny may be awarded a yearly bonus. This will be based on the nannies’ performance and will be given at the Employer’s discretion.
• Being lawfully allowed to work in the United Kingdom.
• Have an up-to-date Paediatric First Aid certificate recognised by Ofsted.
• Have an up-to-date Enhanced DBS certificate stating Child Workforce.
• Have gained childcare qualifications and be willing to become Ofsted registered on the voluntary register.
• Have the relevant and sufficient childcare experience with toddlers and school age children.
• Provide three excellent written references [nannying/childcare] that can be contacted. [Two may be accepted in certain circumstances only].
• Have Public Liability Insurance [nanny insurance] before the role commences.
Job Reference: CNLOW
Christian Nannies Ltd
Nanny Employment Agency
Phone: 0207 101 4617
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact us via our contact page and quote Job Reference: CNLOW